Funding Options 

Government funding for out-patient physiotherapy has declined significantly since the mid 1990’s, resulting in the inability for many hospitals to continue supporting out-patient physiotherapy.  This has initiated a shift towards privately funded services. Private funding can be covered by insurance plans which include:

Worker’s Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)

​Facilitates a return to work after a worker has sustained an acute or chronic injury while working or who suffered from an occupational disease. Treatment is covered by WSIB for the duration that the worker has entitlement and approval for treatment.

Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA)

Coverage for treatments after sustaining an injury in a motor vehicle accident assisted by automobile insurers and private extended health benefits.

Extended Health Benefits

This insurance coverage can be employer or privately funded. Insurance companies have their own agreements for how much coverage they offer and if a physician`s referral is required to receive treatment. If you are unsure of these details for your extended health insurance contact your insurance provider.

How do I access physiotherapy services?

You do not require a physician referral to schedule an assessment or receive treatment from a physiotherapist. You have direct access because they are primary care practitioners. However, some extended health insurance plans may require you to obtain a referral to be reimbursed.

Call or email us if you want to book an appointment or if you require further information.